Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 1-2

I started this blog with the intention of writing daily. That did not end up happening so I will have to catch you up the past two weeks of time (as you can see, it is May 17 and I will be posting about events taking place from May 1 to now).

We agreed that the summer priorities would not be the inside of the house but rather the outside. During the winter, when we are cooped up inside, we will strengthen and beautify our home. Right now, the house remains cluttered, but somethings are coming together. The kitchen, for instance, is fully running with appliances, water and electricity (none of which was cheap, the only saving grace was the sales tax out of city limits is 1.5% less than in city).

We also have TV and internet, which we typically fall asleep in front of because we are so tired. It is nice to have the amenities, but sometimes it feels like we don't need them. At Sumner (the street our past house was on in Lincoln), we needed them. Weird, huh?

Outside, however, is starting to take shape. First off, I bought a riding lawnmower. A lot of work, a lot of time, a lot of fun. Here is a picture of my new baby, and now that I have mowed the lawn with her, I know this is going to be a great relationship.

Using a tiller we co-rented with our neighbors (who are great, by the way) we carved up some earth and are installing a herb garden...well, Amy is doing the majority of the work, but I am still sore from using the tiller--what a work out. Other projects include some gardening (again by Amy). I am waiting for the school year to end (May 27 can't get here soon enough) so I can start some of my own projects.

Thanks for reading, more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment